The Eddsworld Kidz Collab The Eddsworld Kidz Collab

I support that somebody is taking the piss out of the Eddsworld series, because everything that exists needs to be ripped apart, but I really do hate this. I want to like it, but I hate it. Too much ironic detachment, go full force and commit if you're going to mock something. I want to see blood sweat and tears, dammit!

Thanks again for making it, you did a terrible job and wasted the potential of a great statement. Fuck you, thanks again.

AtomicAstro responds:

lol

Sublo & Tangy Mustard #4 - Katy's Birthday Sublo & Tangy Mustard #4 - Katy's Birthday

Too many nice things to say about this. You're a fantastic director and animator and everything you make is very inspiring/entertaining. I'm more entertained by this series than I have been by any studio animation/writer room comedy in years.

aalong64 responds:

Wow, thank you so much. I can't imagine a nicer response! I hope to keep making it and entertaining you for as long as I can.

My Childhood Nightmare My Childhood Nightmare

Cool stuff! Hope to see more stop-motion here from you in the future, I think this was really well executed

The Darkness The Darkness

Hey! Some critiques that are based entirely off my opinion!

There is a lot of reading in the first bit of the game, a little bit too much, especially since besides for the game graphic (which does look nice), nothing visual has hooked my attention yet. Being thrown directly into the pan up text of the story feels a little too dull. Plus, the font for the text DOES seem to fit the tone, but it is difficult to read, and moves very slowly.

Same goes for the instructions page. Right back to reading. It seems like you're going for a platform, so all the text feels a little out of place. Obviously you need to read to understand the premise and game mechanics, but you could try making that more interactive/unique, to hook my attention and teach me via the environment.

Also, I can't play. I am stuck on the first platform screen with the green block and the grass etc, but no matter what key I hit no character appears//nothing happens. I've restarted my browser and refreshed a few times, but I keep running into this problem. Basically all I'm getting is the opening text, then a blank screen..

On the positive, the premise is very cool, and the sound design seems fantastic from what I've heard so far.

Because of all of that, I'm not giving a star rating for this review, I won't rate the submission either, because if other people aren't having this same no control of movement issue then they'll be able to more accurately give critique on the game play.

Can't wait to see more, hopefully any first road bumps don't set you back too much - and hopefully my criticism helps!!

Highwayman Highwayman

Nothing makes for a more fun game than CLICKING. Except maybe CLICKING MORE QUICKLY. THIS GAME HAS BOTH THOSE THINGS. WOO.

Runeblade Runeblade

The game mechanics felt smooth, and the music was cool (except the part where it stops for a few seconds before relooping, though it only happened once or twice throughout my "play through") My suggestions would be to try to improve the art style and some of the coloring, as they seemed a bit "immature" for this sort of game. No offense of course, I'd just personally be more found of it if everything looked prettier (granted, the platforms are just tiles, but maybe thicker character/enemy designs and more detailed "tiles"?) - it'd help everything feel smoother too. Also, sound effects when making contact with an enemy would really help improve game feel; when you hit or get hit by something it doesn't really feel like anything is happening.
You're right - it was very Zelda-esque! A bit short, but you did preface that in the description so it's alright. I look forward to seeing the more structured sequel!

theinsanebox responds:

It was a test game. It will have a sequel, with 3 new items, puzzles that involve switches, and actual bosses that require you to use the Items you have to complete them.

PASTELTITAN PASTELTITAN

A true bang-a-rang! A song to be listened to more than once!

Dinner With Dads Dinner With Dads

Dinners ready come over

Melodies Into The Deepest Crev Melodies Into The Deepest Crev

Dude, I'm not sure how I've missed so much activity from your page.... NG says this one is from over a year ago. Love it love it